One of the most popular trends when it comes to baby showers is the sweet table. You can’t welcome your guests with a simple cake anymore; it serves the purpose, but won’t surprise them nowadays. People eat with their eyes first, which means you have to put much effort in creating a beautiful dessert bar. But how do you set up a perfect, yummy-looking sweet table?
- Make sure the look of the sweet table matches the overall theme of the baby shower. Keep everything in style, by using the same colours and patterns that were used for for example table cloths and balloons.
- To draw the attention to the main object (the delicious, eye-catching baby shower cake) it is good idea to put the cake on a stand. This way, it will be the center of attention. Different heights give the sweet table a stylish and luxurious look.
- But what kind of desserts/sweets do you serve? We recommend serving at least 5 different kinds: this way there is something for everyone. Donuts, cake-pops, cupcakes, chocolates, macaroons, cherry pies, waffles, cheesecake and lollipops: anything you like!
- Decorate the sweet table with matching stationary, craft tags and chalkboard signs to name the savoury and sweet snacks you serve. To make the table look extra nice, you can use props. Like framed pictures, candle holders, flowers or Weck jars filled with sweets.
- Choose plates and cups which compliment the kind of treats you serve. For example, if you serve chocolate cake, colourful plates will make the cake look extra appetising.
- A nice way to thank the guests to your party is to hand out personalisable baby shower favours. You could give them when the guests leave, but you could also decorate your sweet table with them.
Now that you’re inspired for the baby shower sweet table, it’s your time to get creative. There are many DIY-ideas online which will help you keeping the party on budget. Have fun organising the celebration of the mum-to-be!